Teaching Aerial Yoga
Friday 25th – Sunday 27th March 2022
with Richard from Teaching Aerial Yoga London
Yoga Alliance Accredited
In an established Aerial Yoga Studio
Internationally recognised teachers
Why train at the Breathing Space?
The Breathing Space is an established Aerial Studio, with a rich all-year-round curriculum led by co-founder Christine Mason (TTC 200 hours, TTC 300 hours, Aerial, Yin, Pre/post Natal, Chair). After discovering the joy and benefits of aerial, Christine trained with Teaching Aerial Yoga London – who deliver expert training in London and across Europe.
Be more than an Aerial Instructor
Aerial Yoga Training with Richard and Agne at the Breathing Space, will help you make the transition from an instructor -where classes have to be more rigid and controlled – to a genuine teacher – where you have the skills to work more creatively and spontaneously with your students. You will also gain knowledge of their bespoke sequences which have been tried and tested on real people in real classes over many years, proven to retain aerial yoga clients who build a love for this practice.
A holistic approach to Aerial Yoga
Richard and Agne, from Teaching Aerial Yoga London, specialise in 75-90 minute, holistic, Aerial Yoga classes for beginners to advanced students. The aerial silks are well known for facilitating spinal traction and deep assisted stretching which is wonderful in itself, but that is only part of what you can do with them. Over 9 years of developing a unique teaching approach, Richard and Agne have pioneered a wide range of uses and techniques that can give people a more complete and enriching yoga experience.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Qualified Aerial Yoga teachers, who are looking for a more personalised training experience to enhance their teaching skills and repertoire.
- Qualified or trainee Yoga teachers, Pilates teachers or Physical Therapists (evidence required).
- Those with over 3 months of regular, personal experience in using a Yoga swing, either in a class setting or at home.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COURSE?
- 20 hours of small group training (max 11 people) with highly experienced, internationally recognised trainers.
- 2 hours of private post course mentorship (via Skype).
- A detailed course manual.
- Supporting videos and further materials online.
- Professional Teaching Certification (upon successful completion) accredited by Yoga Alliance.
- Access to a global support group with regular CPD opportunities, FREE classes, discussion forum. (Closed Facebook Community Group)
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Our general level class sequence that is designed to be accessible and adaptable. It flows and is both easy to teach and easy to adapt for different levels of physical strength and flexibility. It works well as an experience for most beginners and intermediate level students. A good way of thinking about this sequence is as a ‘seed class’ from which you will, as you develop in confidence and experience, be able to grow your own classes.
- The principles of successful class structuring. How to create well-balanced classes and avoid common pitfalls like over-stimulating or alienating the people in your class. The swing is a powerful tool and needs to be used skilfully to bring your students to a balanced state of being opened physically, soothed emotionally and calmed mentally. This takes experience of teaching this particular style of Yoga. You can benefit from our experience to avoid many of the mistakes that junior teachers make.
- Communication that is inclusive and encouraging, and that helps to create a strong bond between you and the clients. We also draw on our Thai Yoga Massage experience to give you some really useful adjustments you can incorporate into classes to enhance the teacher-student connection. Touch, well used, is a really powerful teaching aid.
- How to incorporate mindfulness and relaxation techniques into your teaching. Benefit from our experience with mindfulness and meditation to add depth to your teaching. There are some simple techniques that people absolutely love. Using them, particularly at the beginning and end of classes will give people a more positive experience that they remember and want to repeat – with you!
- How to use the Aerial Yoga swings to their full emotional potential – particularly in areas like reducing anxiety, enhancing feelings of wellbeing and creating mental focus.
- How to use the swing creatively and playfully within your classes for a more memorable experience and to make yourself stand out as an innovative teacher.
- Swing set-ups, swing safety and installation.
HOW LONG WILL THE COURSE TAKE?
HOW MUCH IS THE COURSE?
Please check you are eligible for this course as all monies paid are non-refundable and non transferable. To check your suitability you are most welcome to discuss your experience or qualifications with us by contacting email@example.com
A non refundable deposit £100 secures your spot. The remaining balance must be paid in full by 31st January 2022 or your place will open up to those on the waitlist.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE COURSE?
EXAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
TRAVELLING TO DERBY, UK