Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
YTTC 200 Hours
This is only the beginning…
This course is for yoga practitioners who wish to deepen and enrich their own practice first and foremost – to immerse themselves fully, understand more deeply and further embed yoga into their lifelong journey. Once a strong personal practice is established, we then begin to build tools and techniques to communicate this to others to share your understanding of your practice and experiences (teaching!). Whilst teaching pedagogy and planning is a significant part of this course, the emphasis is always on embedding your own practice and yoga journey.
Why study with the Breathing Space?
We are committed to quality, authentic yoga, founded on clear teachings of traditional yogic texts. We seek to honour both the Indian roots, the wisdom of our teachers who bless us with their understanding and the lineage from which we came.
We believe everybody should be able to access Yoga – we celebrate yoga for all abilities, ages, backgrounds and beliefs.
Christine Mason – RYT E-500 with further Yoga Alliance accredited training in Prenatal, Yin and Aerial yoga.
Trained in Bangalore, India, with Pradeep Gowda and Sandeep Manur. Satyananda lineage.
Bel Harvey – YTTC200 Bahia, Nottingham, with further Yoga Alliance accredited training in Prenatal, Restorative, Baby, Kids and Women’s Health and Menopause yoga. Krishnamacharya lineage.
Yashwanth P – YTTC200, YTTC300 based in Bangalore, India, Head Teacher of Pratyaksha Yoga.
Trained in Bangalore, India, Pradeep Gowda. Satyanada lineage.
Between them, they have over 50 years of yoga and teaching experience.
What is covered in the course?
This is a Hatha Yoga course which is structured under guidance of Yoga Alliance. (International)
See Yoga Alliance Core Curriculum here. Elevated Curriculum.
Our aim is to equip each individual for the skills / tools to:
- Develop and begin to master practices described in ancient, traditional yoga texts
- Discuss and debate yoga philosophies
- Compare, contrast and consider the eastern and western approaches to the body, mind and soul.
- Develop a reflective and deep practice which incorporates authentic, traditional practices.
Will I be able to teach Yoga after the course?
Yes, you will be qualified to teach Yoga if you wish to. But you can also just use this course as a self study tool if that’s what you would prefer.
How is the course assessed?
Ongoing journal of reflections (Monthly entry)
Assessed live teaching sessions with discussion and feedback
Is there homework?
Yes, the work done outside of the contact hours, your self study or Svadhyaya, will form part of your assessment and must be completed to satisfy the course criteria.
Is the course accredited?
This is a course accredited by Yoga Alliance and complies with the International framework. (Elevated standards).
Is the course in person or online?
In person in our Derby city centre Shala (Yoga house), with some sessions delivered from India which will be online.
(Should the course be interrupted due to Covid 19 reasons or similar, online teaching can be used in it’s place when necessary.)
How long is the course? What are the course dates?
12 weekends and one graduation ceremony, over 10 months.
All 200 hours are CONTACT hours in line with the Elevated Standards.
Saturday 0900 – 1800 / Sunday 0900 – 1800
- 10th / 11th September 2022
- 8th/9th October
- 5th/6th November
- 3rd/4th December
- 14th/15th January 2023
- 4th/5th February
- 4th/5th March
- 25th/26th March
- 22nd/23rd April
- 20th/21st May
- 8/9th July
15th July 3 hour graduation – Times tbc
You will also be required to undertake 3-5 hours of Aprenticeship with an experienced teacher and 5 hours of live class observations.
How do I apply?
How much is the course?
Our course is purely 200 contact hours; it is of the highest standard and not comparable to those offered online or through unsupervised home-learning. This is to comply to the Yoga Alliance elevated standards and ensures excellent, quality training.
For detail on pricing and to discuss a pricing plan which works for you email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is included in the course?
What is included:
- 200 contact hours (with a teacher).
- 1:1 ongoing mentorship to support your assignments and assessments when required.
- Quality hard copy manual with supporting online materials where relevant.
- Discount passes to access the Breathing Space yoga schedule for ongoing practice with your teachers. If you have a particular teacher outside the Breathing Space with whom you practice, we encourage you to demonstrate commitment and continue your practice with them.
What isn’t included:
- Lunch and refreshments – please bring your own, or feel free to go out to any of the nearby cafes in the Cathedral Quarter (you will receive a Cathedral Quarter discount card for 10% off). There is the fridge and an urn for your use in the studio.
- Travel and accommodation in Derby.
- Course texts. There are six main texts you will be required to purchase which will support your ongoing practice.
Cancellation / Refund
ALL monies paid are non refundable and the non transferable to future dates.
If you opt to pay in two parts and have a balance to pay, this must be done so by 31st August 2022; your place will be opened to the waitlist after this date.
No refund will be given in the event of non-attendance, non-completion or unsatisfactory completion that does not merit a ‘pass’.